Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Haus of Gloi Autumn Pumpkin Butters

I recently made a purchase from Haus of Gloi for some autumn themed Pumpkin Butters.



When winter starts getting closer, my skin needs a little more moisture, especially my feet. It's been a while since I've ordered from Haus of Gloi, but it was just as easy as before and the shipping was just as fast. Worried that I would miss some of the seasonal offering, I picked up three 2oz pumpkin butters in Olde Cider Haus, Ghost Puffs, and Pumpkin Eater. I've only used perfumes from Haus of Gloi, so this was my first experience with pumpkin butters. I was originally going to purchase body emulsifiers, but they weren't available in seasonal scents. I will probably pick those up in permanent scents eventually. Pumpkin butters have a thick texture that doesn't absorb as quickly as most lotions. These aren't really apply and go products. I prefer to use these predominantly on my feet, elbows, and knees rather than my hands. As they absorb into the skin, they tend to get a little greasy. I'm usually not a fan of greasy lotions, but these seem to work.


The small jars that I picked up are $4.50, which are a good deal if you want to try out a bunch of scents or have a little jar to take along with you. The larger jars, which hold 6oz of product, are $10 each. I wasn't able to spend $30 before shipping to try three scents, so I chose to purchase the smaller jars. I got the equivalent of a full size jar for $13.50, but I was able to get three different scents instead of just one. If you plan to repurchase a scent, I would say spring for a larger jar, as it is a better deal. Because I have to many lotions already, it is just more economical to get a few little jars than a few bigger jars that I won't get through.
Description for Ghost Puffs.

Ghost Puffs is the ultimate foodie scent. If you like foodie scents, I would highly recommend this one. At first whiff, it smells strongly of marshmallow with hints of buttery popcorn. Although this scent is also available as a perfume oil, I can't see myself wearing it. Certain scents, like foodie ones, I prefer as lotions.

Description for Pumpkin Eater.

Pumpkin Eater is also a foodie scent. Of all the Pumpkin Butters I've purchased, Pumpkin Eater has been used the most. Although I think Pumpkin Eater ties with Ghost Puffs as my favorite, it isn't as strong. It has an immediate smell of pumpkin spice and cream, which reminds me of my favorite pumpkin spice lattes. I don't know how I would feel about a scent like this in the summer, but for now, it is perfect for the season.

Description for Olde Cider Haus.

While I do like Olde Cider Haus, it is the only one I probably wouldn't repurchase. The oak element is just a little too strong for me and it smells too much of spice for my liking. This is also the only scent my boyfriend complains about, probably because it doesn't smell like dessert.


Packaging All in all, I like the packaging. Jars are easier to get the most out of a product because you can get every last bit. There's always a little left in a squeeze bottle of lotion, so I feel that you're getting the most for your money in this packaging.

Price While I understand that seasonal products are limited edition, I still wish the price was the same as the permanent line at $3.50 a jar. That said, I do still think this is a reasonable price for a handmade product.

Shipping My orders from Haus of Gloi always ship quickly and I don't feel that I am ever overcharged for shipping. My Pumpkin Butters arrived in a small box and were individually wrapped in colorful tissue. I also received a free sample of Spider Silk, another autumn scent.

Would I purchase from Haus of Gloi again? I definitely would! This is not my first order and I would order again. I did want to try another autumn Pumpkin Butter, Saft Ernte, but it is no longer available in a mini jar. The description, taken from the website, does sound like something I would like: A merry drink of harvest and glowing with warmth: Peach juice simmering with sweet spices, pumpkin, silken hazelnut cream and made completely curious with a drop of orange blossom water. But I'm still not sure I want to spend $10 on a lotion that I might hate.

Repurchase? I'm also thinking about repurchasing both Ghost Puffs and Pumpkin Eater in full size 6oz jars, depending on how much of the minis I use. Have you purchased from Haus of Gloi yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment