Saturday, October 13, 2012

Furbabies

As a welcome to my new blog, I wanted to introduce everyone to my little furbabies - my chinchillas. I've been a chinchilla parent for a little over a month. My boyfriend and I share the responsibilities for two small females, Ginny and Sophie.

Sophie climbing on her house.

Ginny jumping into my lap.

I'm in love with both my chinchillas. My boyfriend and I originally got them for my birthday a month ago. There were two little chinchillas at the pet store, a tiny one and a bigger one that had been at the store for a while. My boyfriend fell in love with the little one and we took her home. Even then, we felt bad leaving the other one behind, but when our little chinchilla cried for her other half all night, we felt even worse.

Eventually we all warmed up to each other and I wouldn't have it any other way. Coming home to my little fluffy butts jumping all over me is the highlight of my day. They have brought out a new, more affectionate side to my boyfriend and I am loving it.The next night when I got back from work, I wanted to put my little girl in the bathroom to play. But I couldn't seem to coax her out of the cage like I had been able to the night before. It turns out that there were now two female chinchillas in the cage because my boyfriend and his brother had gone to the pet store earlier that day.

Now we had a pair of chinchillas. At first, I was unsure about having both of them, mostly because the second one, Ginny, was not as responsive to being touched and held. But they were happy together in their cage and while playing. Happier than I'd imagine they would be alone.

Sophie climbing on Shaun.
Ginny sitting on my knee.

No comments:

Post a Comment